If you are interested in volunteering in your community, service as a Grand Juror might be right for you. Service on the Sacramento County Grand Jury is for a twelve month period. This term will begin on July 1, 2023 and end on June 30, 2024. To be considered for the Grand Jury, you must be:
- 18 or older, a United States citizen, and a resident of Sacramento County for at least one year prior to service;
- Interested in investigating the performance of local government agencies;
- Possess intelligence, sound judgment and fair character;
- Have not been convicted of a malfeasance in office, a felony, or any other high crime;
- Not be serving as an elected public officer during the term of office as a grand juror;
- Have not have served as a grand juror within the last year;
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to work with others and recommend solutions to improve governance and services;
- A good listener, with patience, who has skill and experience in fact finding, investigative techniques, and report writing;
- Ready to invest 25 to 35 hours a week, will require attendance of at least four days a week;
- Able to communicate in English - both orally and in writing;
- Computer literate; and
- Willing to ensure your work remains absolutely confidential.
Grand Juror Application Process
The open recruitment for the 2023-2024 Grand Jury term will take place from November 18, 2022 to December 30, 2022. To apply, please click here - external link.